Saturday, March 31, 2018

Thank You Pleasant Hill, Missouri


Today, I spent a majority of the day down at the city soccer complex helping the Pleasant Hill Soccer Association clean up the mess left from the flooding this past week. I am grateful to the 50+ volunteers that showed up today to get the fields ready for our local teams. Thanks to all of these volunteers, we were able to get the fields in good enough shape - pending anymore rain - that our teams should be able to get back to practice and games as scheduled.


As you all know, the election is coming up on April 3rd - just a few days away. I am not going to be a politician and feed you a bunch of taglines. Today, being out with the community and seeing all of these individuals choosing to take time out of their day to simply serve their community however they could really inspired me. I was reminded why I ran for the City Council and then Mayor in the first place. This position is not about being ‘in charge.’ An elected official's sole job is to be a public servant. That is why I became a Pleasant Hill Parks and Rec employee some 15 years ago, volunteered on the Park Board, and then asked you to allow me to serve you as a Councilman then Mayor.

I am going to ask each of you to go visit ChrisJHicks.com. Here you will be able to read all about my family and myself. You will also find multiple blogs with information that has been important to me over the last several months. If you don't have time to read all of my posts, please take the time to read these two specifically: ‘Our Walk Counts More Than Our Talk’ and ‘Commitment Made, Commitment Kept’. Unlike any other individual running for this office, I actually go into depth about what our City Council has done over the last two years, and clearly lay out our path forward into the future. You should expect those running for office to give you more than a quote; they should be able to explain to you the ‘how.’ I am proud of what we have accomplished so far and truly look forward to what is coming next.

Beyond the election, I simply want to say thank you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you over the past 7 years as a Councilman and now as Mayor. It has been an honor that I will cherish the rest of my life.

Regardless if you support me or not, please get out and vote April 3rd. May God bless you and have a Happy Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Has Been an Honor

I started my first job with the city of Pleasant Hill as a laborer in the Parks and Recreation Department. I painted lines on baseball fie...